Recover articles from deleted Blogger site, even locked..

If you have ever had a site deleted by Blogger by its so called Spam Filter, then you know how upsetting it is to think you may have lost all your articles since the last backup. I back my site up regularly but not daily, which maybe we should do, but that is another article. Recently one of my sites was flagged as spam and I had about 6 articles I had not backed up, which I thought I  had lost for good. Fortunately I stumbled upon a way to recover them.


First you must get your log on reinstated.  This is simply clicking on the right link when you try to login and having them send you and SMS message on your phone and entering the code. Once you can log into your dashboard you can move on to the next steps.


Log into your Blogger dashboard and at the bottom you will see the "Reading List".
Click on All Blogs to populate it with the most recent articles you have written. If you click on "Read More" it will give you a 404 not found or something similar. but if you look to the very right hand side of the screen you find a link that says "View in Google Reader" Click on this and it will take you to the RSS view of your blog, where you can copy and paste the articles into some other blog.

Good luck and keep on blogging.


Comments